The Education Revolution (Part 3): Taylor Mali
Published by Luc Galoppin, on 30/09/2012
“What teachers make” is the title of this ‘slam poem’. A slam poem is poetry in your face. As Mali states: If you asked for it I have to let you have it.”
Taylor reminds us that when you are a teacher YOU ARE ON A MISSION. In case you forgot, have a look at the video.
Next time someone asks you: “What do you make as a teacher” you should be reporting:
- I make parents see their children for who they are
- I make kids wonder
- I make them question
- I make them critisize
- I make them appologize and mean it
- I make them write, write, write
- I make them read
- I make them spell
- I make them show all their work in math class and then make them hide it under their final drafts of English
That is, of course, it you are on a mission and not just conforming to the specs of your job description.
WE NEED TEACHERS WHO MAKE A GOD DAMN DIFFERENCE!
Post a reactions
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
* Comments are welcome in English, French or Dutch. Only reactions by authors who have stated their full name and e-mail address will be published. No mention of e-mail addresses will be made on the website. We only require them to enable us to contact the writer of the reaction should this prove necessary. blogs.HRMinfo.eu reserves the right to delete reactions that are not in conformity with the general conditions and code of behaviour of this website.